In about two hours, the Maine Department of Labor HR Day (1 of 2) will start. I’m excited. There will be 175 other HR professionals in the room. This popular event sold out in less than 24 hours and a second HR Day has been scheduled & is open for registration.
The schedule includes opening remarks, Workforce Landscape, Workforce & Employer Connection, Partnering Before Enforcement, Snapshot of Unemployment and a formal Q&A session. In between, there are Exhibits with scheduled breaks for Networking.
Will we see each other there?
PS – What’s the event hashtag?
Pleasant drive up, cooperative trafffic, occasional light drizzle. I wonder how many other HR colleagues were on the road. Shameless promotion goes here, my 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD 4×4 8.1L V8 truck is the one with the For Sale sign in the back window.
Friday morning; MDOL HR Day exceeded every expectation. Normally, when going into a session like this, there may be one ‘throw away’ topic. Instead is topic was spot on – don’t blink, don’t yawn, don’t leave the room on a mental journey to anywhere else.
Commissioner Jeanne Paquette & her staff are friendly, professional, dedicated, competent & confident. The following rings true with sincere authenticity:
The Maine Department of Labor is committed to serving Maine workers and businesses:
- Helping employers recruit and train a talented workforce;
- Providing workers with the skills they need to be competitive in the economy;
- Assisting individuals when jobs are lost;
- Ensuring safe and fair workplaces for people on the job; and
- Researching and analyzing employment data to support job growth
The following two sentences reinforce the underlying theme”
- We are here to teach you the answers to the test, before the test.
- We are here to help.
Commissioner Jeanne – kudos & gratitudes to you and your team.